Welcome to Fabulous Las Vegas!
In its 9th year, the IEEE Conference on Cognitive and Computational Aspects of Situation Management (CogSIMA) is heading to the glamorous resort city in the desert: CogSIMA 2019 will take place at the Luxor Las Vegas, Nevada. We are pleased to announce that CogSIMA 2019 will be sponsored again by the IEEE Systems, Man, and Cybernetics Society.
The CogSIMA conference series provides an annual venue for presenting multi-disciplinary research on complex heterogeneous dynamical systems - of interacting humans, machines, computer agents and/or networks - whose individual and/or collective behavior depends on their situation awareness.
Examples of systems include command and control systems, disaster monitoring and recovery systems, human-robot teams, physical and cyber security situation awareness systems, intelligent transportation systems, health care medical situation control systems, and many others.
Common to these systems is the need to adequately perceive, reflect, act, and communicate according to the current situation and expected changes - both in the environment and within the systems themselves.
The CogSIMA conferences are aimed at researchers and practitioners from academia, industry and government, with a wide variety of backgrounds and experience including computer science, human factors, cognitive science, modeling and simulation, robotics, and systems engineering.
Important DatesResponding to many requests, the paper submission dates have been extended:
Regular Papers due: January 6, 2019 Poster Presentations due: January 6, 2019 Acceptance Notification: February 8, 2019 Camera Ready due: February 21, 2019 Hotel Room Reservation (at Group Rate) due: March 14, 2019
- Mar 13: Dr. Robert Kozma and Dr. Roman Ilin will instruct a tutorial on Energy Constraints in Cognitive Processing - The Role of Constraint Satisfaction in Emergent Awareness.
- Mar 1: Our program has been posted. Note early registration ends on March 4!
- Feb 27: Dr. Christopher Landauer, Dr. Kirstie L. Bellman and Dr. Phyllis Nelson will give a tutorial on Self-Modeling for Adaptive Situation Awareness.
- Feb 18: Conference registration and hotel reservation are available.
- Jan 7: We are pleased to announce that Dr. Benjamin A. Knott (Office of Naval Research Global, Tokyo) will present a keynote address.
- Dec 23: [Final Deadline Extension] Due to multiple requests, the paper submission deadline is extended to Jan. 6, 2019
- Nov 2: We would like to thank our patrons Lockheed Martin and Charles River Analytics for their continued support!
- Oct 22: First tutorial speaker announcements: Dave Braines (CTO Emerging Technology, IBM Research UK) will be giving a tutorial on XAI. Dr. Valentina Dragos (ONERA – The French Aerospace Lab) will instruct a tutorial on social data analysis for intelligence.
- Oct 5: Prof. Nancy Cooke (Arizona State Univ. & Cognitive Engineering Research Institute) and Dr. Rand Waltzman (Deputy CTO, RAND Corp.) will present keynote addresses.
- Oct 5: We are pleased to announce that Dr. Doug Riecken (Program Officer, AFOSR) will be our keynote dinner speaker.
For questions concerning CogSIMA 2019 contact us at email@example.com.
We look forward to seeing you in Las Vegas!
Please stay tuned for further updates!